There are many certifications in the meetings and events industry. They can be very beneficial by offering advanced education and skills training and allowing you to do your job better. They can also be helpful in establishing credibility when looking to capture business from a weary client. A certification can make you stand out from other professionals who might be charging less money. Below is a list of industry certifications along with the association that gives it.
– Certified Association Executive – www.asaenet.org
– Certified Meeting Professional – www.conventionindustry.org
– Certified Hospitality Marketing Executive – www.hsmai.org
– Certified Special Events Professional – www.ises.com
– Certification in Meeting Management – www.mpiweb.org
– Certified Speaking Professional – www.nsaspeaker.org
– Certified Incentive and Travel Executive – www.site-intl.org
If I missed any let me know by leaving a comment.
Joshua Gair – Impact Entertainment Services