Here are a bunch of real world event marketing case studies. This is especially useful to see what other companies, big and small are doing in their event marketing departments as it can help spur some ideas of your own.
– SanDisk uses interactive videos games at trade shows and events to draw crowds. Examples are Rock Band and Guitar Hero.
– Bam! Brands market their events using celebrity chef appearances.
– Guiness petitions Obama and Congress to make St. Patrick’s Day an official holiday in the U.S. They don’t succeed, but it makes great PR.
– InterContinental Hotels set up a 42 foot by 28 foot bed topped with 30 double mattresses for the biggest bed jumping event in the world.
– Yahoo! gives its iconic yodel back to the people and invites consumers to submit their yodel online or at live events in three countries.
– LEGO launches its first ever LEGO KidsFest, a three day family event designed to bring the LEGO world to life through interactive, creative and educational activities.
Joshua Gair – Impact Entertainment Services