1. Be conservative in your room block estimates, paying for unused rooms is costly.
2. Give the catering/convention services manager your budget and let him/her create your menu.
3. Use hotel props instead of renting from the outside.
4. Hold food functions in the hotel to eliminate transportation costs.
5. Offer the possibility of repeat business if you can for concessions on this event.
6. Cut down on the number of breakout rooms. If possible, have small breakout rooms at night.
Joshua Gair – Impact Entertainment Services