It is more important than ever to stay in constant contact with your current customers and potential prospects. One of the best ways to do this is by sending a letter to them in the mail. Yes, I am aware of email and email newsletters but they can be deleted quickly and it is not often that people get letters in the mail anymore, therefore they stand out and are remembered. Here are some reasons to write letters to your customers and potential customers.
– thank someone for making a purchase
– follow up on a telephone meeting
– thank someone for doing you a favor
– ask for a referral or thank someone for one
– apologize for a glitch at an event you planned
– ask for a survey to be filled out to better understand your customers
– announce a new product, service, sale or promotion
– recognize the anniversary of any event, when they first became customers, etc…
The bottom line is that you need to keep in contact with your customers or you lose out on future business. Email is great but sometimes a good old fashioned letter just works better.
Joshua Gair – Impact Entertainment Services