Many of us belong to industry associations such as ISES, MPI, PCMA and others. This economic crisis may have made you question whether or not your association membership is really worth it and analyzing the cost and value of it. To decide whether to join an industry association or stay a member, here is a list of things a good association should be doing. Also, remember that in order to benefit the most from any association you must participate fully in the activities.
– Establish Industry Standards
– Influence legislative and political affairs
– Improve employee and employer relations
– Building knowledge through publications
– Provide purchasing power through group discounts
– Creating and maintaining social relationships
– Performing public service activities
– Develop statistical research and data
– Offer education and training
– Creative positive public relations
– Introduce opportunities for entertainment, networking, peer interaction
How does your association membership measure up????
Joshua Gair – Impact Entertainment Services