1. Make your phone message or voice mail say something about your business or announce a sale. This way you are always marketing even when you cannot answer the phone.
2. Make a strong guarantee or even a money back guarantee to entice what may be wary customers. This is a great way to get new customers to give you a chance, just make sure you can deliver.
3. Spy on your competitors by calling them up, asking for information or having friends do it for you. Analyze how they handle everything and then look at how you can improve what they do. How is their customer service? Is their website user friendly? How informative are their marketing materials? Get the inside scoop.
4. Send official looking invitations to your customers or prospects to announce a sale, grand opening, seminar or other event. You could even create tickets to give to customers that will let them in for a special promotion.
5. Send all new customer a “welcome kit” consisting of your literature, testimonials, informative articles, promotional item, business card, and perhaps a coupon. This is a great way to start off your relationship with the new customer on a strong footing.
Joshua Gair – Impact Entertainment Services