1. Hire an entertainer to open the meeting and break the ice. This could be a magician, comedian, or other type of variety entertainment. If the meeting is long, the entertainment can be scheduled halfway during the meeting or even after wards as a reward.
2. Open the meeting by having everyone stand up and tell the group something about themselves that very few people know. This is a great ice breaker and everybody gets to know each other a lot better.
3. You will need some balloons, small notepads, and pens and pencils. Have group members write ideas to a given challenge on a piece of paper, (one per sheet), fold the paper and put it inside a balloon. Blow up balloons and tie them. When all are done, everyone tosses the balloons for 15 to 30 seconds, and captures a balloon. Each person then takes the new idea they have received, and builds on it. Report to the group.
4. During nice weather, hold all or part of the meeting outside. Take advantage of the environment by changing the dress code, refreshments, activities and more.
5. Remove all the chairs in the room and do physical exercises during breaks in the meeting to keep people energized.
Joshua Gair – Impact Entertainment Services