Special events, grand openings, stunts, and more can be supremely effective strategies to attract publicity for your cause or business. Here are a couple of ideas for creating special events that can draw big crowds and also land publicity.
– Tie the special event to current events or news.
– Tie the special event to a holiday, anniversary, or other observance.
– Involve local celebrities.
– Feature a creative or unusual hook such as setting a Guiness Book World Record and invite the media to come and cover the attempt as part of your event.
– Use technology tools as a part of your event and make sure to publicize this fact in all your marketing materials. Can you be one of the first people to use Twitter to get publicity for a grand opening or to announce a festival?
– Use a very large or unique inflatable to attract attention.
Joshua Gair – Impact Entertainment Services